NO Win NO Fee Obligation Free Appointment
GET SOME ADVICE 1800 007 277

Public Place Accidents

Many different types of claims can be described as Public Liability claims. We provide services for personal injury claims that draw upon a range of public liability areas such as:

Slip and fall claims

Injuries on public and private property

Injuries occurring during recreational activities

Most public liability claims are based upon the assumption of a ‘duty of care’ by the landowner, council or occupier of land or premises. Councils, owners and occupiers of commercial and private premises owe a duty of care to take reasonable care for the safety of people who enter onto their property.

To recover damages in most public liability claim cases, you must be able to prove:

The nature of the duty of care owed.

Breach of that duty of care.

That the personal injury has been caused by a breach of that duty of care.

Public Liability claims have very specific parameters, and are well-legislated. Sinnamon Lawyers are expert personal injury lawyers for claims arising from an injury occurring in a public place.

There are strict time limits for the lodgement of personal injury claims so we encourage you to act quickly and seek the advice of a personal injury lawyer. If you do no act within the required time limits, your right to claim damages will be lost.

We're here to provide advice

To find out if you are eligible for compensation, please contact us either by submitting an online enquiry via the form on this page or by calling us.

  • Do I have a claim?

    Generally claims can be made by not at fault people involved in accidents when there is a person who can be identified as the at fault party.

  • Do I have to pay money to talk to a lawyer?

    No, you can talk to us about any claim in an initial consultation for free. We act no win no fee when we take on your case so we only get paid at the end.

  • How long will my claim take?

    Generally between 12-18 months as it take this long for people to reach maximum medical improvement. We can then assess how much a claim is worth.

  • What if my claim is unsuccessful?

    You will pay us nothing. Our costs and outlays are no win no fee.

  • Who pays the compensation?

    Insurers are known as licenced insurers for car accident claims. WorkCover usually looks after work accident victims and there are a multitude of insurers for public liability and total and permanent disability claims.

Please contact me regarding an accident

You can call us on 1800 007 277 or complete the attached form and we will call you almost immediately.

If you would like to tell us a bit more about your accident before we call you, please use the online enquiry form.